#paleo #vegan and #healthy frozen #peppermint hot #chocolate?! Yes! I love the classic hot chocolate, but sometimes I want it cold. This is so delicious and it’s hard to believe its healthy!
Makes 1 big serving
• 1 cup of almond milk (at least 1/3 cup as lite or full-fat canned coconut milk if you want a truly-rich treat)
• 2 tbsp cocao powder (10 grams)
• scant 1/16th tsp salt (do not omit this)
• 1/2 tsp stevia or 1 tablespoon agave, maple syrup or sugar (or more, if you have a sweet tooth)
• 1 drop peppermint extract(you can omit this)
• Optional: for an even richer flavor, try adding a little melted chocolate or chocolate syrup. You can also top this off with whip cream, ice cream, or any toppings you desire.
Pour the milk and ice into your blender. Add in the ovaltine, cocoa powder, and whipped topping (optional – you could also leave this for the top instead).
Blend 3-4 minutes until the ice is completely chopped and the mixture is thick and icy.
Pour into a cup, and serve immediately.