This photo with 63 notes was posted 9 months ago on the 4th of June, 2013.
Tags: #dairyfree #glutenfree #eat
Pumpkin carrot soup! Okay I know it’s summer but it doesn’t mean I can’t have some pumpkin soup for lunch! I was really craving pumpkin for no apparent reason, so I decided to listen to my body and have some. Now for the recipe~
- 2tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 1small ginger root, peeled and finely diced
- 3cloves garlic, minced
- 3cups low-sodium vegetable broth + 3 c. water
- 1pound carrots, cut into 1/2 in. chunks
- 115 oz. can pumpkin puree
- pinch of curry powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onion, ginger, and garlic; saute for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the broth, water, carrots, and pumpkin to the pot and heat until boiling.
- Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered until the carrots are very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Puree the soup in batches using a blender or a food processor.
- Season with curry powder, salt and pepper, to taste.