The coconut possesses a wide variety of health benefits due to its fiber and nutritional content, but it is the oil that makes it a remarkable source of food and medicine. It has definitely earned its reputation as the healthiest oil in the world despite the fact that its high saturated fat content was once falsely claimed to be unhealthy.
Coconut Oil Benefits:
- Intake of coconut oil can help our resist viruses and bacteria that can cause illness. Even more, it also can help to fight off yeast, fungus, and candida.
- Coconut oil can also positively affect our hormones for thyroid and blood sugar control.
- Coconut oil can boost thyroid function helping to increase metabolism, energy, and endurance.
- It increases digestion and helps to absorb fat-soluble vitamins.
- Coconut oil lowers and maintains cholesterol levels.
- Coconut oil is a wonderful moisturizer for skin and hair.
- Relieves stress.
- Aids in weight loss.
- Relieves kidney problems, heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer, and bone strength.
Coconut Oil Uses:
- Hair Care: Massage oil through hair. If the oil is solid, you can melt the oil in the sun or warm water.
- Skin Care: Use as a moisturizer.
- Food: Replace butter or vegetable oils with coconut oil in your recipes. I personally use coconut oil in my smoothies because I don’t taste it and I still get the benefits!!
Others - aside from the health benefits mentioned earlier the following health benefits have been attributed to the beneficial use of coconut oil:
- Protects against cancer and HIV and other infectious diseases
- Kills bacteria and parasites like tape worm and liver flukes
- Eases acid reflux, aids in proper bowel function
- Lowers incidence of hemorrhoids
- Heals and relieves intestinal problems
- Soothes earaches
- Deals with symptoms connected with prostate enlargement
- Strengthens the liver and protects against degeneration
- Reduces incidence of epileptic seizures
- • Reduces joint and muscle inflammation
- Eases neuropathies and itching from diabetes.
I Don’t Like the Taste of Coconut Oil. What Should I do?:
Try using coconut oil in some different recipe. That may help. If you get nauseated after eating coconut oil, don’t force yourself. As it happens with any other food item, your body may be allergic to coconut oil and it is best not to consume it.
How much oil should be taken in to enjoy its benefits?:
According to researchers, an adult should consume around 3 1/2 tbsp. of coconut oil daily: an amount equal to the MCFA a nursing infant would receive in one day. The benefits of coconut oil are derived from the nutritional value of medium-chain fatty acids (MCFA’s), and the best comparison in nature as to the percentage of MCFA consumed in a diet is in human breast milk. For those who are not used to having coconut oil in their diet, it is best to start out with a lesser amount and see how the body reacts before following the recommended amount
- justafatbitch likes this
- fitlikejake reblogged this from thehealthycook
- razzledazzlewaffle likes this
- heshineslikegold reblogged this from workoutgifsss
- heshineslikegold likes this
- gymjunkie-diaries likes this
- jennalyd28 reblogged this from thehealthycook
- freespirit413 likes this
- walkingbearfoot reblogged this from lostandwanderlust
- sag-soul likes this
- charleneshealth reblogged this from make-it-burrrn
- charleneshealth likes this
- gwyllion likes this
- healthytwins reblogged this from hippyhealthy
- kary-x reblogged this from fitness-and-soul
- leavetheband likes this
- monicalovescats likes this
- ksimpsonphotography likes this
- lostandwanderlust reblogged this from tinyvegan
- tinyvegan reblogged this from hippyhealthy
- tinyvegan likes this
- mission-unstoppable reblogged this from hippyhealthy
- fitness-and-soul reblogged this from hippyhealthy
- hippyhealthy reblogged this from exorcise-the-fat
- dollface7n reblogged this from exorcise-the-fat
- emfemmefatale likes this
- emfemmefatale reblogged this from exorcise-the-fat
- make-it-burrrn reblogged this from exorcise-the-fat
- exorcise-the-fat reblogged this from thehealthycook
- new-awesome-me reblogged this from perpetuity-of-health
- carolinamendez95 likes this
- heythere120 likes this
- summerrockets likes this
- naturalbeauty2u likes this
- behealthy88 reblogged this from thehealthycook
- ingenue-de-belle-epoque likes this
- tamedpapermoon likes this
- infinitely-self-destructive likes this
- infinitely-self-destructive reblogged this from musicis-my-escape
- fitspiration-thinspireme reblogged this from rushingtheskyline
- somethingelseby likes this
- rushingtheskyline reblogged this from thehealthycook
- vanitysdreams likes this
- ashley-ortiz likes this
- pushupsandpixiedust reblogged this from fitslife
- rushingtheskyline likes this
- hannahevolving reblogged this from buildandbalance and added:
- mtouss likes this
- thehiddenkitten likes this
- paranoid-pothead likes this