Is your fridge full of junk and in need of a makeover? Learn how to stock the perfect fridge with these rules!
Rule #1: Stock Up on Essentials
- Eggs: They contain healthy cholesterol and are good for your heart.
- Milk: If you go for dairy, choose 2%. Hemp and almond milk are also good choices.
- Whole grain bread: Choose a loaf with at least 3 grams of fiber per slice.
Rule #2: Color Your Fruit and Vegetable Drawers
Your fruit and vegetable drawers should contain every color of the rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green, purple and brown.
- Red peppers, tomatoes, apples
- Spinach and kale
If you can’t fit all of this produce in your produce drawer, remember that you can also choose frozen vegetables.
Rule #3: Makeover Your Dairy Drawer
Remove the temptation to binge on high-fat cheeses by buying cheeses that are big on flavor or naturally contain less fat. Or, better yet, snack on Greek yogurt instead.
- Shredded or grated Parmesan: You don’t have eat a lot to experience the flavor.
- Goat cheese: Delicious and creamy with less fat and calories than cow’s milk cheeses.
- Greek yogurt: This staple is high in protein and great for cooking.
Rule #4: Pack Your Fridge With Protein
Replace ground beef as your family’s go-to protein with one of these leaner options:
- Chicken: Lean breasts and rotisserie are both good options.
- Lean turkey: If you buy lunch meat, look for brands with no added nitrates, or choose ground turkey as a beef substitute.
- Tofu: Try extra firm if your family is trying it for the first time.
Rule #5: Chill Your Condiments
Choose condiments that have a long shelf life and health benefits, including:
- Jarred garlic
- No sugar added fruit preserves
*Picture and article not written by me
- brinkofblasphamy likes this
- yogi-life reblogged this from yoga-running
- sailorscooby likes this
- livetolean likes this
- mustf1ndmyself reblogged this from yoga-running
- jessxx02 likes this
- thebigger-picture reblogged this from yoga-running
- day-dreamaway likes this
- forgottenforgery likes this
- nenifit reblogged this from yoga-running
- xfitrunyogaclimb reblogged this from yoga-running
- kitty--nakajima likes this
- fit-is-our-new-lifestyle reblogged this from yoga-running
- jeannegertrude reblogged this from watchhisjawdrop
- jeannegertrude likes this
- do-pilates reblogged this from yoga-running
- newstart-healthyme reblogged this from yoga-running
- lyns22 likes this
- caveman-musings reblogged this from risaswace
- caveman-musings likes this
- sweet-scar likes this
- onesetoffootprintss likes this
- lostwithnocontrol likes this
- stevenmartinez14 reblogged this from watchhisjawdrop
- justarobotickay reblogged this from yourheartismyhome
- justarobotickay likes this
- sairene21 reblogged this from yoga-running
- spark-inside reblogged this from yoga-running
- uncreativegeek likes this
- ashgain likes this
- what-a-wonderful-sight reblogged this from yoga-running
- pilates-in-pink likes this
- yourheartismyhome reblogged this from steamboat28
- keepingthefitnessdreamalive reblogged this from yoga-running
- paeninsula likes this
- borracha-deamor likes this
- b-l-o-0-d likes this
- waitingfor-somethingwonderful reblogged this from watchhisjawdrop
- rafailure likes this
- lillyith likes this
- heather-anne-xo reblogged this from yoga-running
- let-the-moment-take-you likes this
- oneseventeeen likes this
- oneseventeeen reblogged this from yoga-running
- guiltmenot likes this
- risaswace likes this
- risaswace reblogged this from steamboat28
- steamboat28 reblogged this from yoga-running
- steamboat28 likes this