- About Me
- My Food
- Recipe Index
- Personal Posts
- Grocery List
- Food Reviews
- More Links
Is your fridge full of junk and in need of a makeover? Learn how to stock the perfect fridge with these rules!
Rule #1: Stock Up on Essentials
- Eggs: They contain healthy cholesterol and are good for your heart.
- Milk: If you go for dairy, choose 2%. Hemp and almond milk are also good choices.
- Whole grain bread: Choose a loaf with at least 3 grams of fiber per slice.
Rule #2: Color Your Fruit and Vegetable Drawers
Your fruit and vegetable drawers should contain every color of the rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green, purple and brown.
- Red peppers, tomatoes, apples
- Spinach and kale
If you can’t fit all of this produce in your produce drawer, remember that you can also choose frozen vegetables.
Rule #3: Makeover Your Dairy Drawer
Remove the temptation to binge on high-fat cheeses by buying cheeses that are big on flavor or naturally contain less fat. Or, better yet, snack on Greek yogurt instead.
- Shredded or grated Parmesan: You don’t have eat a lot to experience the flavor.
- Goat cheese: Delicious and creamy with less fat and calories than cow’s milk cheeses.
- Greek yogurt: This staple is high in protein and great for cooking.
Rule #4: Pack Your Fridge With Protein
Replace ground beef as your family’s go-to protein with one of these leaner options:
- Chicken: Lean breasts and rotisserie are both good options.
- Lean turkey: If you buy lunch meat, look for brands with no added nitrates, or choose ground turkey as a beef substitute.
- Tofu: Try extra firm if your family is trying it for the first time.
Rule #5: Chill Your Condiments
Choose condiments that have a long shelf life and health benefits, including:
- Jarred garlic
- No sugar added fruit preserves
*Picture and article not written by me
- celiacanddeiting reblogged this from healthyfoody
- tasteslikeass likes this
- ana-morg likes this
- sb2a likes this
- wiishondandelions likes this
- fitnesspriincess reblogged this from teenytinythighs
- cyberbullier likes this
- curiosity-killed-everything likes this
- healthyhappyy reblogged this from thehealthycook
- iusedtorunwithdoubt reblogged this from thehealthycook
- victoryoverthisbody reblogged this from overweightnomore
- healthylife-healthysoul reblogged this from thehealthycook
- ohjoshe reblogged this from mandatedreporter
- ilikewallpaperscom likes this
- heathercasey1980 likes this
- molo-moreno reblogged this from teenytinythighs
- livefree-staypretty likes this
- valeriajimenezgonzalez likes this
- the-world-doesnt-listen likes this
- fitnessand-health likes this
- gofatgo likes this
- gofatgo reblogged this from work-train-push
- journeytoa140pounds reblogged this from work-train-push
- journeytoa140pounds likes this
- work-train-push reblogged this from getfitforlife-notsummer
- getfitforlife-notsummer reblogged this from thehealthycook
- healthymemoir reblogged this from makeyourselfhealthy
- racheleelizabeth22 likes this
- fl4mes reblogged this from thehealthycook
- fl4mes likes this
- itsgoingtobeworthit reblogged this from iwillbeskinny711
- open-for-interpretation likes this
- aelisel reblogged this from cherubnotchub
- sexyandstrong likes this
- henryrod93 likes this
- ohjoshe likes this
- katiephoto likes this
- mandatedreporter reblogged this from thetripplef
- runswimweightsyoga reblogged this from thetripplef
- thetripplef reblogged this from cardiocutie
- fitness-for-freedom reblogged this from stayin-fit
- orangedaisies reblogged this from teenytinyteen
- slowlybutsur3ly reblogged this from teenytinythighs
- zen-lady likes this
- kimmerzb reblogged this from 365days40lbs
- tiffani-marieee likes this
- goldenhappyhealthyme likes this
- hopeandfaithforall reblogged this from eathealthy-stayfit-livemylife
- thecosplayfitdream reblogged this from developingstrengthdiscoveringme