Rachel’s Recipie of the Week: Low Fat Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Hi everyone, It’s Rachel here, from the blog Organic-PeanutButterLover. I am starting to make a recipe of the week for now on! That’s when I find a recipe that’s delicious and healthy, cook it my self, and rate it!
This week I choose Low-Fat Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies by SkinnyTaste. (She is one of my favorite blogs) The reason I chose this recipie was because the past few days I have been craving for something sweet, tastes good, and healthy. Boy! I picked the right one alright! Okay here is the rate:
Name of Recipe: Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Food Category: Dessert
Overall Rate: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (5/5 stars)
My Comment: Sothis recipe deserved 5 stars because 3 reasons.
- It was easy to make and the clean-up was a breeze! It took about under 35 minutes to prepare and make the batter. Then about 10-12 minutes to bake and 3 minutes to cool off. So overall it only taken under 50 minutes! I made other recipes that taken over an hour before!
- It was delicious! I had to go for another cookie! It was moist, chewy, and sweet! my mouth was watering when it first came out the oven! The smell was like heaven. Good thing the serving was 2 cookies! I had to go for another one!
- It was low-fat and pretty low in calories! Other cookies I had and made were about 10-12g of fat each! These only had 3g of fat a cookie! (and it tasted the same)
So overall this cookie was darn good. I recommend this cookie for someone who is craving something sweet or always has a sweet tooth like me. These are worth the time and money. Now here is the recipe and my picture I taken my self. (sorry for the bad quality, I am not a photographer)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick oats
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°; line two baking sheets with parchment paper or use a silpat.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a large bowl, with a mixer, cream together the butter and the sugars on medium speed.
Add the egg, followed by the applesauce and vanilla extract.
Working by hand, stir in the flour mixture and the oats until just combined and no streaks of flour remain; stir in the chocolate chips.
Drop heaping tablespoonfuls (approx 1 tbsp each) of the dough onto prepared baking sheets, flattening each cookie slightly (I forgot to do this). Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until cookies become light brown at the edges.
Let cool on baking sheet for 3 or 4 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container so you don’t eat them all in one sitting!
- collegefitblr likes this
- healthyiswhatiwanttobe reblogged this from mimlams
- mooninmypalm likes this
- drawyoureyes likes this
- healthyfitnessfreak likes this
- healthyfitnessfreak reblogged this from shredding-lbs
- shredding-lbs reblogged this from thehealthycook
- healthyfitfood reblogged this from thehealthycook
- aleeheartbm likes this
- mimlams reblogged this from thehealthycook
- healthiest-i-can-be reblogged this from thehealthycook
- chocolatecandymonster likes this
- jenkneegoesmoo likes this
- vampiremoose reblogged this from thehealthycook
- vampiremoose likes this
- vouloi-r likes this
- dietmountain--dew likes this
- guuuth likes this
- ahealthyandhappylifestyle reblogged this from thehealthycook
- like-a-dancing-dracula likes this
- gingergymguy likes this
- magglemore likes this
- xtimeforchangex likes this
- oh-tobeyoungskinnyandinlove reblogged this from runningforlife23
- crooked-creek reblogged this from thehealthycook
- foreverwildheart reblogged this from thehealthycook
- fit-sporonnie reblogged this from thehealthycook
- franklynnsrange likes this
- alelaska likes this
- runningforlife23 reblogged this from thehealthycook
- fitmonstaaa reblogged this from thehealthycook
- fitmonstaaa likes this
- fatgirlfriendtofitwife reblogged this from thehealthycook
- chunkymunkybegone said: I think I’ll make these one the weekend! They look great!
- chunkymunkybegone likes this
- unbelievablelife likes this
- worth-itintheend likes this
- operation-get-fit reblogged this from thehealthycook
- operation-get-fit likes this
- desserts-stressed likes this
- notgoingtostopthistime likes this
- myamateurhealthblog likes this
- yvvvvvvva reblogged this from thehealthycook
- yvvvvvvva likes this
- thehealthycook posted this